piątek, 18 grudnia 2015

Matura

1.W podanych zdaniach wybierz właściwą odpowiedź

1.I think we will _____ in this hotel. It has a jacuzzi, a gym and free wi-fi.
_____ here and don’t go anywhere. I’ll be back in two minutes.
A. stand
B. stay
C. sit

2.I don’t know the meaning of this word. I have to look it _____ in the dictionary.
Can you pick me _____ from the station at 5 p.m.?
A. off
B. out
C. up

3.The teacher wrote the exercise on the _____ and asked us to copy it into our notebooks.
Why don’t we play chess? I’ll bring the _____ and the chess pieces in a minute.
A. paper
B. board
C. table

4.I’m going to my aunt’s birthday party tomorrow, so I have to put on some _____ clothes.
Janet is really _____ . She always gets good grades at school.
A. smart
B. clever
C. intelligent

5.Oh no! Look at my hand – I’ve broken my _____ again!
You have to put a _____ in this wall so we could hang this picture.
A. ring
B. nail
C. stick

2.Wstaw odpowiedni wyraz:

                                      WHAT HAPPENS TO THINGS LOST AT AIRPORTS?

At Gatwick Airport alone, 8.1. ________ 1,000 and 1,800 bins are filled each month with
things that have been confiscated, or left by passengers. People usually forget 8.2. ________
belts, mobile phones, iPads, and umbrellas. However, sometimes 8.3. ________ are more
expensive things found by the airport workers. Staff at London City Airport has found £50,000
in cash, a bag of diamonds, a Rolex watch worth £10,000 and the keys to a Porsche!
According to Gatwick manager all lost things have to be recycled, destroyed, put on auction
or – where possible – returned to their owner. If the owner can’t be 8.4. ________ , the things are
kept in a special place for 90 days and then put on an auction. There are four auction houses
8.5. ________ sell luggage from various London airports, but don’t expect to find treasure often.
‘It’s dirty clothing and bags, mainly,’ said one employee.
adapted from www.telegraph.co.uk

8.1. between /among /over
8.2. to /take/ about
8.3. those/ they/ there
8.4. find /found/ finding
8.5. which /where /whose

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz